CollegeGrad.com just announced their ranking of top employers looking for help with entry level positions from the fresh faces leaving school this year with a college diploma in hand. The forecast is a rosy one.
“Great news for Class of 2007–entry level employers are increasing their hiring by 7.3% in 2007! The Top Entry Level Employers list represents more than 170,000 jobs for the class of 2007″
Here are some highlights from the study
- 60% are planning to hire more college grads in 2007 than in 2006
- 20% will hire the same number and 20% will be hiring fewer college grads than in 2006
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car ranked as the #1 Entry Level Employer for the fifth year in a row
- Significant growth is being projected by companies of all sizes and in all industries throughout the list.
- Among the largest companies, PNC Financial Services Group is projecting a 31% increase in entry level hiring for 2007
- CIGNA is projecting an impressive 227% growth in hiring–going from 127 entry level hires in 2006 to 415 in 2007
- The results of the CollegeGrad.com Top Entry Level Employers survey predict one of the best entry level job markets of the new millennium.
“It’s a great time to be graduating from college,” said Brian Krueger, president of CollegeGrad.com. “The skills and energy of the class of 2007 are in high demand among employers. Graduates who put in their best job search effort may find themselves generating multiple offers.”
Now if we could just get all the companies on this list to make sure their college page was as welcoming as Lockheed Martin’s…
[tags]CollegeGrad.com, College Grads, College Graduates, The Class of 2007, Job Prospects for College Students[/tags]